What Inspires You?

Children grow up too fast. Blink and you miss the twinkle in their eyes, the days when you were their hero, had all the answers and could make all the ouchies go away. There is one way to freeze time just for a moment. Take it all in and remember it forever. Book your session today and let us capture the moments that inspire you.

Mother's Day

Is it wrong that I resent the fact that male birds are superior in beauty than the female birds? I sit at my breakfast table every morning sipping my coffee, and I watch the birds come by for their breakfast on the bird feeder. I admire the Cardinal as its red contrasts against the green of the woods in the background with his black mask and mohawk. Then a female Cardinal comes by in mostly brown, hardly noticeable against her surroundings. I think about my own insecurities. Since I became a mom my own looks have often taken a backseat to that of my daughter's and husband. There are other things about me that have taken a backseat, of course, but that is a subject for a whole different post. The focus today is what I see through my lens. 

Looking back at your collection of photos how many of you moms are in the picture? So many times we, as moms, are the ones taking the photos of our family that we don't appear in them very often. Many times we don't want to. Yes, our bodies have changed. Yes, we are getting older. No, we are not perfect. We see so many photos out there of models with perfect bodies, photoshopped faces, not a single wrinkle, blemish or imperfection in sight. We know they aren't real, but we compare ourselves to them anyway. We see a picture of so-and-so just a few months after giving birth and judge ourselves harshly. I have photographed a lot of beautiful moms that, arriving to the photo shoot, didn't feel very confident. In celebration of Mother's Day, I decided to post some photos of mom's whose beauty my camera has captured. This Mother's Day come out from behind the camera lady's. Allow yourself to be photographed, be inspired, and let the camera capture your beauty.


Of course I can't end this tribute without honoring my own mother. I got my creative side from her. I learned so much about life, God and myself from watching her. I love you mom, and I miss you now more than ever.